When you think of piercings, most commonly, you think of the types of piercings that you see on everyday individuals, you know, ones like earlobe piercings, nose piercings, and eyebrow piercings. Whilst all of the above are examples of common and highly popular piercings, you must also remember that a great deal of people you see out in public, may have parts of their bodies pierced that you can’t see, and would never imagine them of having. Belly button piercings and nipple piercings for example, are also common, and surprisingly, so too are piercings on the genitalia. Both, men and women, from all over the world are choosing to have very private and sensitive parts of their anatomies pierced, for a number of different reasons. Women for example, are opting to have their clits pierced and/or also having vaginal piercings in general, and it is these very piercings which we’ll be taking a look at in more detail right now. Here we’ll be looking at a few reasons why women choose to have these types of piercings performed, as well as a few things that you should consider before you undergo one yourself. So, without any further hesitation, let’s begin by looking at why women may choose to have clit/vaginal piercings.
Why do women choose these piercings? – Whilst we can’t provide an exact answer for this question as each and every single person living in this world is different, generally speaking, there are a few common reasons why women opt to undergo clit/vaginal piercings. These include, but are not limited to:
- Pleasure – When it comes to piercings on the genitalia, studies and experience have both found that piercings can actually enhance sexual pleasure, particularly it seems, with clit piercings. The piercings are believed to help heighten sensitivity and intensify the pleasurable feelings on and around the genitals during any form of sexual activity, whether it be alone or with somebody else.
- Fashion – Yes, it may sound odd to some of you, but there are many women out there who choose to undergo these types of piercings for fashion purposes. With sparkly jewels and carefully chosen jewelry, they can actually look pretty fashionable, although who actually gets to see the piercings in person is entirely up to the woman with the piercing.
- As an art of expression and individuality – Piercings are fantastic for helping to express ourselves and our individuality and what better way to help us stand out from the crowd and prove that we aren’t just another mindless sheep or drone conforming to society, than with a piercing that most people would be utterly shocked by.
Things to consider before you have a clit/vaginal piercing – If you are seriously considering getting a clit/vaginal piercing, there are a few things you should consider before you take the plunge, so to speak, and rush into getting the piercing. Some typical examples include:
- How good are you with pain? – If you’re not very good with pain then you may wish to give these piercings a miss. Okay, studies have found that they aren’t actually as painful as you may expect them to be, but even so, they certainly hurt more than a standard earlobe piercing, and besides which, the mere thought of what is happening may be enough to push you over the edge. If you aren’t great with pain, have a long chat with the piercer and see what they have to say, and perhaps look into numbing creams and lotions etc.
- Will you be having children in the near future? – If you’re planning on having children in the near future, again, you may wish to put these piercings on hold as obviously you won’t be able to have the piercing in when you give birth, or indeed for much of your pregnancy either. Think about it, when heavily pregnant, you will struggle to simply pick things up off the ground, never mind cleaning, changing, and maintain a vaginal/clit piercing. If however, you don’t see children in your immediate future, you should be good to go ahead if you decide to.
- Will it affect your relationship/future relationships? – Of course, when it comes to clit/vaginal piercings, the main person who should have a say in whether or not you have the piercing, and indeed what type of jewelry you wear will be you. With that being said however, some people’s partners may not be huge fans of these forms of piercing, and they may even interfere with sexual/intimate activity, which could potentially affect your relationship.