Top most popular body piercings
There are several locations on the body that can be pierced. Body piercings have been around for centuries, and has since evolved. Body piercing now is typically done for self expression, fashion, and trends rather than cultural and spiritual beliefs as they were in the past. We have compiled a list of the top 5 most popular body piercings.
1) Navel– There are many variations of the navel piercing, some people pierce their navel in several spots. The most common is the piercing of the rim of the navel. The belly button ring is very popular amongst women of all ages. Young women are typically the ones getting pierced the piercing ages range from 17-24. You can catch man celebrities with belly button rings like Beyonce, Lindsay Lohan, and Brittany Spears just to name a few.
2) Nose- The nose ring is also known as the nostril piercing. This is a very popular piercing amongst men and women. There are many variations of a nose piercing like a septum ring, or rhino piercing but over all the variations the nostril is the most popular of them all. The nostril piercing dates back to the bible and has been worn across the globe for centuries.
3) Tongue– Another popular piercing that dates back many centuries, the tongue piercing can be done many different ways. Some pierce the tongue web, other have the standard tongue piercing, or a double tongue ring. Others go as far as stretching their tongues. No matter how you look at it piercing the tongue is a hot commodity for people of all ages, both men and women have tongue piercings.
4) Eyebrow– The eyebrow piercing doesn’t date back hundreds or thousands of years like other piercings but it is quite popular. The eyebrow piercing gained popularity in the 70’s and has been around ever since. Eyebrow piercings are seen on both men and women.
5) Helix– When it comes to an ear piercing the most popular form of body modification is piercing the cartilage. In this case the helix is the most common part of the ear cartilage that is pierced. Piercing the ears has been around for many years as well cartilage piercings are popular amongst people of all ages. The helix piercing is not a gender specific piercing both men and women have this piercing.
Body piercings are a form of expression also known as an art amongst some people. When you are thinking about what your next piercing will be if you do not have one of these piercings done, you should consider it!