Body piercings have been around for centuries, with different cultures piercing different parts of the body for aesthetic, religious, or cultural reasons. Bellybutton piercings (also known as “belly rings“) are a type of body piercing that has become increasingly popular in recent years.
There are a variety of reasons why people choose to get a belly button piercing. For some, it is simply a way to express their individuality and style. For others, it may hold symbolic or spiritual meaning. Some people also believe that navel piercings can have health benefits, such as improved digestion or increased fertility.
Whether you’re looking for belly button rings that are adorable or practical, we’ve got you covered. In this blog post, we have shared different types of body jewelry for naval piercing.
Why belly rings?
There are many reasons people choose to get belly button rings. For some, it is simply a matter of fashion – they think it looks cool or stylish. Others may see it as a way of expressing their individuality, as belly button rings are still relatively uncommon compared to other types of piercings. Some people also believe that having a belly button ring can be empowering, helping them to feel more confident in their bodies.
Belly rings are popular forms of body jewelry for a few reasons. They can be very stylish and fashionable, and they can also be very practical. Belly rings are easy to put on and take off, and they can be worn in a variety of different ways.
Belly rings are also popular because they are relatively inexpensive. They are not as expensive as other forms of body jewelry, such as diamond rings or gold bracelets. Belly rings are also less likely to cause allergic reactions than other forms of body jewelry.
Is it safe to wear a belly ring during pregnancy?
It’s generally safe to wear a belly ring during pregnancy, but there’s a small risk of the piercing becoming infected. If you’re pregnant and thinking about getting a new piercing, it’s best to wait until after your baby is born.
During pregnancy, your skin stretches as your belly grows, which can cause existing piercings to tear. This increases the risk of infection, so if you have an existing piercing, you’ll need to clean it regularly and watch for signs of infection, such as redness, pain, or discharge.
Is it good to have a top or bottom belly button piercing?
There’s no right or wrong answer to this question – it’s entirely up to personal preference! Some people feel that having their top belly button pierced looks more aesthetically pleasing, while others prefer the bottom piercing because it’s more unique. Ultimately, it’s up to you to decide which piercing you think will look best on you. Just be sure to consult with a professional piercer beforehand to get their expert opinion.
Choosing a belly ring for your navel piercing
There are many ways to wear a belly ring, and it all depends on your personal style. Here are a few tips to help you choose the right one for you:
- Pick a material that you’re comfortable with. If you’re prone to allergies, make sure to pick a hypoallergenic metal.
- Think about the size of the ring. If you want it to be more subtle, go for a smaller size. If you want it to be more statement-making, go for a bigger size.
- Choose a design that you love! There are so many different styles of belly rings out there, so make sure to pick one that you really like.
Things to take care of while wearing the belly rings
Belly rings are a popular type of body jewelry, but there are some precautions you should take before wearing one.
- First, make sure the piercing is healed completely before putting in a new belly ring. If the piercing is still healing, it can be easily damaged by the ring.
- Second, clean the belly ring thoroughly before putting it in. This will help prevent infection.
- Third, be gentle when inserting the belly ring. If it is too difficult to put in, ask a piercer for help.
- Fourth, avoid tight clothing or anything that could snag on the belly ring. This could cause pain or damage to the piercing.
Finally, check the belly ring regularly to make sure it is not causing any irritation or discomfort. If you experience any problems, remove the ring immediately and consult a piercer or doctor.